To enable church trustees to benefit from experiences of others; to share knowledge of what they learned in their church and to seek help for issues which they are unable to resolve alone.
What Went Right and What Went Wrong
Make informed decisions for maintenance and repair on the parsonage, church, and property with the belief there is value from learning what others have tried.
Check out the advice from other church trustees in What We Learned (PDF: 14K).
Our Self Inspection Checklist (PDF: 16K) is a helpful guide for inspecting the church building, grounds, and parsonage.
Consult lists of
- Audio Visual Musical Instruments (PDF: 12K)
- Boiler and Furnace (PDF: 12K)
- Building, Fence, and Awning (PDF: 19K)
- Electrical (PDF: 13K)
- Furniture, Office, Kitchen, and Janitorial (PDF: 19K)
- Heating and Cooling (PDF: 14K)
- Insurance (PDF: 13K)
- Landscaping, Lawn, Yard Maintenance, and Parking Lot (15K)
- Lawyers (Word: 12K)
- Painters and Mold Testing (PDF: 12K)
- Plumbing (PDF: 14K)
- Roofers (PDF: 14K)
- Security, Movers, and Ttransportation-031615 (PDF: 14K)
By October 1 of each year, churches need to complete and file the Department of Energy, Labor & Economic Growth Nonprofit Corporation Information (PDF) (Look for Form 269: Michigan Nonprofit Corporation Filing Instructions) with the State of Michigan.
Additional Church Trustee Resources can be found on Michigan Conference of The United Methodist Church.